Compact single-channel HEVC/H264 422 10bit encoder. Ultra-low latency – Down to 16ms glass to glass. HDR, 16 x ch audio encoding, Zixi and SRT support.
MGW Ace Encoder
Benefit from exceptional HEVC video quality from this versatile hardware encoder
MGW Ace Encoder delivers the industry’s best video quality enabling users to stream broadcast quality HD/SD video with up to 50% bandwidth savings compared to H.264. Additionally, the codec now supports Ultra Low Latency streaming in HEVC for a glass-to-glass latency down to 16ms.
Powered by VITEC HEVC GEN2+, an all-hardware compression chip, MGW Ace Encoder sets new industry standards in video quality, bit rate, and latency. This revolutionary encoder provides best-in class HEVC video quality up to 4:2:2 10-bit and an encoding latency down to 4ms in Ultra Low Latency mode for an impressive 16ms glass to glass latency (when paired with MGW Ace Decoder – ULL Mode). Featuring 16 channels of audio encoding as well as High Definition range (HDR) support, MGW Ace Encoder is ready for your most demanding broadcast applications.
Integrating with any video environment – the MGW Ace Encoder offers a large selection of input including 3G-SDI, HD-SDI, SD-SDI, DVI, HDMI and Composite video as well as analogue and digital audio (embedded and discrete). The on-board hardware scaler can be used for real-time downscaling, cropping, frame-sampling delivering an optimized video output for your application. A built-in video matrix enables routing of video sources to both the HEVC and H.264 compression cores for simultaneous H.265 and H.264 streaming over IP or DVB-ASI ouput.
The portable HEVC encoder features low power consumption compared to software-based HEVC encoders running on large multi-CPU servers. MGW Ace Encoder also supports SRT (Secure Reliable Transport), Zixi, RIST and SMPTE2022 Pro-MPEG. As a result, thanks to its ULL mode, MGW Ace Encoder delivers unprecedented low glass-to-glass latency even over lossy network or the Internet.
- Best-in-class video quality with next-generation HEVC/H.265 compression support (powered by VITEC HEVC GEN2+ codec)
- Reduces network bandwidth by up to 50% compared to H.264 (or increase video quality by 100% at same bitrate)
- Ultra Low Latency HEVC streaming down to 16ms glass-to-glass
- Reliable, low-latency stream delivery with built-in Zixi, SRT, RIST and Pro-MPEG stream protection
- Featuring 16-channel of audio encoding, High Definition Range (HDR), close captions, Ad signaling and Time-Synchronized Playback
- Portable, low-power hardware design – optimized for field use and for vehicles (28VDC power input)