We are very pleased to introduce you to the newest member of our growing Zest Technologies team: Technical Manager, Osman Sen-Chadun. Osman joined us on 2 August and will be responsible for delivering technical support to customers and developing the business strategy with Zest’s Managing Director, Lorna Garrett.
As Technical Manager, Osman is:
- providing technical, application and pre/post-sales support to current and prospective customers on a wide range of digital video equipment, including: IP video encoders and decoders, IP gateways, IPTV headends, media servers, set-top boxes, and PC/Mac software players
- supporting the company director and identifying new business opportunities
- conducting product and solution demonstrations to customers
- preparing suitable product and solution proposals for customers based on understanding of technical and architectural requirements
- managing customer technical issues, problem management and resolutions
- liaising with suppliers to obtain in-depth understanding and knowledge of supported products, and assisting in technical issue resolution
- preparing practical application notes for products ad case studies of customer projects
- keeping abreast of key technical developments in the appropriate market sector.
Osman brings a deep technical knowledge and significant experience to Zest. Lorna first met and quickly gained great respect for Osman about 10 years ago, whilst he was with Arqiva as their Head of Technical Development overseeing Arqiva’s Hybrid TV team. In that role, Osman was responsible for the architecture, infrastructure, software and operations needed to deliver MHEG and HbbTV (red button) applications and streaming services to Freeview and YouView connected TVs and set-top boxes. He was also successful in developing and operating the IP Streaming Platform (linear streaming to PCs and mobile devices) and OTT Live (scheduled pay event streaming). In earlier work with Arqiva, Osman worked as the company’s New Product Development Manager.
At Zest, we’re excited that Osman is bringing his high standards based on best practice, his innovative nature, and his strong focus on being solution oriented. These are all qualities he contributes not only to our workplace, but also to his outside interests as well. For example, during the pandemic, Osman established Lockdown FM (later Outreach Radio), a not-for-profit, small-scale community radio service established to support local communities. After just six months, the station was granted a full-time commercial DAB Digital Radio licence covering South Hampshire and the Isle of Wight.