Broadcast-quality H.265 encoder offering exceptional compression ratios on video resolutions up to 4K UHD. Ideal for remote production over leased lines/satellite. Ultra low latency.
Partner: Broadcast Wireless Systems
This broadcast-quality HEVC encoder, offering exceptional compression ratios on video resolutions up to 4K UHD and low latency, is ideal for remote production applications over leased lines or satellite.
Onyx encoders can stream across dual networks using a variety of IP formats, including SRT, at bitrates of up to 120Mb/s. The use of ST2022-7, (Seamless Protection Switching), technology at the decoder ensures glitch-free recovery from network errors or path fail over. For legacy systems and satellite modem connections, the Onyx encoder is equipped with ASI inputs and outputs. Built-in encryption mechanisms, such a BISS and DES, can be employed to protect valuable content. The unique quad-mode allows four HD inputs to be synchronised and encoded with an end-to-end latency of <40mS in progressive format. This high-density and low-latency encoding is ideal for live sporting coverage.
- Up to 50% bit-rate reduction compared with H.264
- Transmission of 4x simultaneous HD signals up to 1080p50/59 (QuadSync mode)
- Transmission of true 4K UHD signals with HDR
- Ultra-low Latency for live applications
- IP and DVB-ASI in/out
- Legacy H.264 and MPEG2 encoding also supported
- High density, low latency encoding makes Onyx ideal for remote production
- Reduced hardware costs – encodes 4x HD signals simultaneously
- Software upgrade to 4K/UHD
- Feature-rich interface and options
- Available as Codec for operational flexibility