MB21 (21 x blade) and MB6 (6 x blade) chassis options for both encoder, decoder, or SRT gateway blades. Redundant PSU.
MB Chassis series
High Density, Flexible, and Scalable Chassis Options
High Density Multichannel Chassis Haivision’s encoders, decoders, and gateways are available as single product appliances or as independent mini-blades. For installations where rack mounting is desired, Haivision offers rackmount kits for single and dual-height appliance enclosures, as well as the MB6 and MB21 enclosures, which can contain up to 6 or 21 encoder/decoder blades, respectively, within the single highest density platform available. MB6 & MB21 series enclosures feature redundant power supplies, allow for in-service blade replacement and incorporate fan management circuitry to minimize fan noise. MB series enclosures can be populated with various combinations of Haivision’s Makito high performance, HEVC or H.264 encoders, and HEVC or H.264 Makito decoders.
- MB1 & MB2 Enclosures Makito X blades can be mounted in lightweight and portable single-height (MB1) or dual-height (MB2) enclosures. The MB2 can contain two single-height encoder or decoder blades, one dual-height encoder or decoder, or both an encoder and a decoder, providing a flexible options for building a portable unit.
- MB6 AC, DC and Medical High Density Six-Slot Chassis The MB6 is designed to support fast deployments of Haivision’s market-leading encoding/decoding systems in the most space constrained installations. The six-slot chassis can hold up to 6 Makito and Makito X encoders/ decoders or Torpedo DVB to IP gateways, in just a single rack unit (1RU), making it the highest density system available. The MB6 is available with either redundant AC, single DC, or medical grade AC power supplies.
- MB21X High Density Twenty-One Slot Chassis Designed for high density IP video headends, the MB21 holds any combination of up to 21 Makito X ir X4 products in a 7-inch rack (4RU) and also features replaceable fans and fully redundant power supplies. This high density, cost effective solution has been deployed in headends and server rooms in universities, hospitals, and enterprises worldwide.In addition, the MB21X provides a station alarm interface so as to notify operators when a power supply or fan failure has occurred.
- Redundancy Redundant AC inputs and a field serviceable power supply allows the MB21 to continue operating even if an AC input is lost or a Power Supply Unit (PSU) fails. The MB21X dual PSU variant can remain fully operational if a single power supply has failed. With the MB6X-RAC, a single AC input or PSU can fail without affecting the operation of the unit.
- Rackmounting Appliances – 1RU or 2RU mounting brackets available for mounting one or two Makito or Makito X appliances (single or double height) in machine rooms racks.